- Last Update On : 2013-02-22
Compatibility tests are performed in order to help prevent hemolytic transfusion reactions which may be caused by antibodies of the ABO blood group system or by antibodies to other blood group antigens.
- ABO and Rh typing
- Antibody screen for unexpected antibodies
- Crossmatch between donor red cells and recipient serum.
Timing of Compatibility Testing
A sample must be obtained from the patient within 3 days of the scheduled transfusion for compatibility testing if any of cialis alternative the following conditions exist:
- Patient has been transfused with a blood component containing red blood cells in the preceding 3 months
- Patient has been pregnant within the cialis and ketoconazole preceding 3 months
- Patient history is uncertain.
Testing of a new sample is neces